Zoom H2n Handy Recorder
THE WORKHORSE OF FIELD RECORDERS
THE ZOOM H2N Handy Recorder
The H2n Handy Recorder is the only portable recording device to come with five built-in microphones and four different recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround. Other advanced features include automatic gain control and onboard MS decoding, plus effects like compression, limiting and low cut filtering. You can even use the H2n as a multi-purpose USB microphone!
The Zoom H2n is the only handheld recorder that captures
four-channel surround sound audio. With Firmware v 2.00,
it’s perfect for the creation of 360-degree “Spatial Audio”
files, the next-generation surround sound format native to
the google JUMP Virtual Reality Platform.
Using “Spatial Audio” mode, you can create a single
four-channel, multi-track WAV file that includes Omni,
Left/Right, and Forward/Backward tracks. This Spatial Audio
file is then ready to be combined with 360-degree VR videos
recorded with the google JUMP compatible camera rig (such
as the GoPro Odyssey or Ricoh Theta). Once completed, the
immersive videos are ready to upload to YouTube.
Note: Viewers using the YouTube Android app on Android
version 4.2 or higher can listen to spatial audio on
headphones (recommended) or speakers.
Additional information regarding H2n and Spatial Audio for VR:
State of the art editing with every recorder
The Zoom H2n comes with free download licenses for Sternberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software, providing not just the ability to capture superior audio in every box, but to do spectacular things with it.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom Handy Recorder purchase.
Currently shipping with:
Cubase LE9 for Mac OS X 10.11/10.12/10.13 and Windows 7/8.1/10
WaveLab LE9 for Mac OS X 10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13 and Windows 7/8.1/10
For information on license activation and upgrades, visit our Steinberg Software support page.
Features at a glance
- Five built-in microphones and four recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Analog-type input gain control
- Auto Gain provides three preset recording levels
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion
- Internal mixdown: four-track surround to stereo
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize and Divide functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150% for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- SD card reader function
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
We Also Recommend