Tascam DR-22WL Portable Handheld Recorder with Wi-Fi
An easy-to-use Portable Recorder with all new Mics and breakthrough Wi-Fi technology
The groundbreaking DR-22WL from TASCAM is the first portable recorder to include Wi-Fi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC. Other innovations like the new Scene Dial make it easier than ever to capture great-sounding recordings and share them online. A set of stereo condenser microphones is arranged in true XY pattern for ideal stereo imaging. The eight-position Scene Dial selects recording settings for typical situations, or can be set to full manual for greater control.
Features at a glance
- Supported WAV recording formats: 44.1k/48k/96kHz, 16/24bit, WAV/BWF
- Supported MP3 recording format: 44.1k/48kkHZ, 32k to 320kbps, MP3
- Recording media: microSD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card)
- Cardioid stereo condenser microphones fixed in X-Y position
- High sound pressure design captures levels up to 120dB SPL
- PGA (programmable gain amplifier) and Cirrus Logic CS42L52 audio codec for low-noise, high-performance audio recording
- Scene Dial Presets for instant setup of common recording applications
- Remote control, file transfer and streaming playback using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi connects directly to smartphone without a router
- Full remote control using the free TASCAM app for iOS and Android
- Recorded audio can be posted directly to SoundCloud using the TASCAM DR Control app.
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Automatic level optimization functions (Peak Reduction & Limiter)
- Low-cut filter with four selectable frequencies (40/80/120/220Hz)
- Pre-recording buffer records up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- Automatic track increment function that can be set according to the application (level, elapsed time or manual)
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Automatic mark function that adds marks according to set conditions (peak detection or manual)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
- A-B Loop playback function ideal for practicing music
- Automatic division function that divides files at marks (manual division also possible)
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Automatic power saving function that prevents unnecessary waste of battery power
- Resume function that retains the last stop position when power is turned back ON
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- 128×128 pixel oversized graphic LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 High-speed file transfer to a computer
- Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector
- Powered by four AA batteries, USB bus power, or AC adapter
- Long-time operation of over ** hours is possible using just the internal batteries
- Strap -hole
- Tripod attachment screw-hole
- 4GB microSD card is included
- RoHS certified
High-Quality Condenser Microphones
Cardioid Condenser Mics in an X-Y Pattern
Designed To Handle High Sound Pressure Levels – Up to 120dB SPL
Superior Microphone Preamp and A/D Converter for Quiet Operation
A CIRRUS LOGIC CS42L52 is used in the DR-22WL, a premium-quality audio codec. The A/D - D/A chip features both great audio performance and low power use for longer battery life. The built-in mics and the external inputs both pass through this low-noise audio input circuit.
Innovative Scene Dial and Large LCD for Easy Operation
The DR-22WL is equipped with an 8-position Scene Dial, a simple system to optimize the recorder for common recording scenarios. Similar to a digital camera, the rotating dial has presets for recording instruments, voiceover, and other common subjects. An EZ mode sets levels automatically, and the manual mode allows you to dial in your own settings. Together with the large LCD display, the DR-22WL couldn't be simpler to use.
Scene Dial Optimizes the Recorder for Common Subjects
EZ mode makes recording simple for beginners. This option sets the auto level and 40Hz low-cut filter functions.
This scene is tailored for loud events like rehearsals and concerts. It automatically sets the limiter and 40Hz low-cut filter, and the trim level is set relatively low.
This scene optimized for live acoustic music, classical concerts and other unamplified performances. It uses the 40Hz low-cut filter.
The scene is works well for individual instruments. It engages the limiter to keep levels under control.
Designed for interview recording, voiceovers, and lectures, this scene records in mono and uses the auto level and 120Hz low-cut filter functions.
This scene allows all settings to be made manually. Use this one if you have recording experience or want finer control over recording settings.
This scene enables the overdubbing function, allowing songwriters to assemble a song by recording over their previous take.
Interface Features Large 128×128 LCD and 4 Function Keys
Dedicated Input level Control
Remote Wi-Fi Control
Simple Wi-Fi Connections Without a Router
Remote Control Using the Free DR Control App (iOS/Android)
* Functions that can hinder operation have been excluded from wireless control
Wireless Streaming to Monitor the Recorder
With DR Control, audio from the DR-22WL can be broadcast via Wi-Fi to your smartphone for streaming playback. Even when the DR-22WL is in a place that is out of reach, this capability allows you to check audio from the headphone jack. Ensure that you're getting the sound you want without leaving your seat.
* The string playback function is intended for checking audio that has already been recorded.
Instantly Transfer Recordings to Your Smartphone or PC to Share Online
In addition to remote control, the DR-22WL allows you to wirelessly transfer recordings to your smartphone or laptop. Upload recordings to SoundCloud through the app, then publish that link to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Or simply email the file to friends.
* An Internet connection is necessary to upload files to the Internet from a smartphone.
Dual-Format Recording Function Records both WAV and MP3 Files
Dual Format Recording simultaneously records WAV and MP3 files to the card. This allows you to have instant access to the MP3 file for online sharing, while retaining the uncompressed WAV file master recording for later use.
* Due to MP3 file specifications, this function can only be used with 16-bit 44.1/48kHz WAV formats. This function cannot be used with 24-bit or 96kHz WAV/BWF file formats.
Share audio files from SoundCloud to other social networking services
After recording, transfer your files from the recorder to your smartphone using the TASCAM DR Control app. Files can be uploaded directly to SoundCloud, then you can share that link to Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ timelines with a single button. A free SoundCloud account can be created, giving you up to three hours of uploaded recordings.
* Your smartphone must support Wi-Fi connections. Since direct connection is used, connection with other Wi-Fi networks will not be possible when in use.
* After files are transferred, the smartphone must be connected to the internet in order to upload to SoundCloud.
Wirelessly Transfer Files to Your Computer
A free app for Mac and Windows called File Transfer allows you to move selected recordings from the DR-22WL to your computer over Wi-Fi.
* The computer must support Wi-Fi connections. Since direct connection is used, connection with other Wi-Fi networks will not be possible when in use.
Automatic Features Streamline Recording Setup
Even as a professional recording device, the DR-22WL has numerous automatic functions that can make recording easier for anyone. Numerous automatic recording functions combine with functions that simplify file management.
Peak Reduction and Limiter
These functions automatically adjust the recording level in response to the input level. The peak reduction function automatically lowers the level if an input overload is detected, optimizing the recorded sound. The limiter reduces excessive input levels without changing the input level setting.
Automatic Track Creation by Time
The DR-22WL can automatically create a new file and continue recording without interruption when a set amount of time has elapsed. This function is convenient when recording for long periods of time. For example, when set to 5 minutes, a new file will be created automatically every 5 minutes when recording. These files can be combined later in your audio editing software for seamless playback. Manual file increment is also possible by pressing the Record button during recording.
Automatic Track Creation by Level
The DR-22WL can create a new track every time a level threshold is passed. This can split a concert recording into tracks, and can be useful when digitizing another recording like a cassette, DAT, or vinyl record.
Automatic Mark Function
Marks can be added to files when high levels or peaks are detected.
When set to a level, marks can be added automatically at the points when songs end. When set to peak detection and used together with the peak reduction function, these marks will identify the points where peaks were detected – making it easy when using audio editing software on a computer. You can also add markers manually while recording.
This function can divide files where marks are added. When used together with the automatic marking function, long recordings can automatically be divided into files with individual songs. Files can also be divided manually.
Multitrack Mode For Serious Demo Production
The DR-22WL is a powerful tool for songwriters. In Overdub mode (DUB), the DR-22WL is able to record one track at a time on top of the previous recording. You can produce studio-quality music files using just the portable DR-22WL. A reverb effect is also included to sweeten your mix.
Nondestructive Overdubbing function
Internal Reverb Effect
A stereo reverb effect can be added either during recording or playback. Presets for halls, rooms and other standard environments can be utilized to suit the user and type of music. This effect can be applied during recording and playback to give your recordings a sense of space.
We Also Recommend