BOSS KATANA-50 MkII EX
KATANA-50 MkII EX
THE EVOLUTION OF A MODERN CLASSIC
The Katana-50 MkII EX expands on the capabilities of the popular Katana-50 MkII model, providing more performance versatility in the same portable design. GA-FC and GA-FC EX support allows you to select Tone Setting memories, turn effects on/off, and more with our dedicated foot controllers. There’s also a line output for sending mix-ready tone to a house PA, plus the ability to link a second Katana MkII amp with the Stereo Expand feature.
Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Cover any style with five amp characters and five variations. Color your tones with a wide variety of customizable BOSS effects. And extend your range with the latest BOSS Tone Studio software, a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, and many other enhancements.
- Stage-class 50-watt combo amp with GA-FC/GA-FC EX Foot Controller support, Stereo Expand, and line output with cabinet emulation
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic) and five variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb) with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep) selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation and three Air Feel settings (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Optional GA-FC and GA-FC EX foot controllers provide complete amp control, including expanded Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Download and share Livesets at BOSS Tone Exchange
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
More Sounds, More Versatility
The stage-class Katana MkII lineup picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you’ll love Katana MkII even more. And if you’re new to the party, get ready for sound, feel, and versatility that soars far beyond its price class.
Five Amp Characters, Ten Overall Tones
Katana MkII’s five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. Each character also includes a selectable variation, providing a broad palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Five Effects At Once
All Katana MkII models feature five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want—customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Full-Throttle Sound Every Time You Plug In
Backed by BOSS’s Tube Logic approach, Katana MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, Katana MkII’s variable Power Control makes it easy to fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play, from bedroom to stage.
Amplify Your External Gear
The Katana-50 MkII EX rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses the onboard preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One-Touch Recall Of Custom Setups
One of the Katana MkII’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Four Tone Settings are available for fast selection from the panel or optional FS-series footswitches. The GA-FC and GA-FC EX offer expanded foot control, giving you access to eight Tone Setting memories (four panel settings plus four configurable in BOSS Tone Studio), individual effects on/off, and more.
Stereo Made Easy
One Katana MkII sounds great—but playing two at once is even better. The Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You can control everything from the main Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all Katana MkII models except the Katana-50 MkII.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
The Katana-50 MkII EX features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC and GA-FC EX foot controllers are the perfect partners for the Katana-50 MkII EX. They connect with a single cable, require no external power, and take up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can directly recall Tone Settings and independently turn the five effects sections on/off. They also support external footswitches and expression pedals, with customization via BOSS Tone Studio. The GA-FC offers standard control, while the expanded GA-FC EX provides the ability to control two amps together, connect another unit for additional foot control, and more.
Go Deeper With BOSS Tone Studio
BOSS Tone Studio takes the Katana MkII experience even further, allowing you to customize the amp for your style and touch. Change up the factory-loaded effects, adjust effect order, shape the overall tone with global EQs, tweak the cab resonance, and much more. And with Livesets, you can save favorite setups and instantly reconfigure your Katana MkII for different playing situations.
We Also Recommend